2. The kinds of personal information we collect and hold.
In dealing with you we may collect personal information including your name, address, date of birth, telephone numbers, email address and driver’s license number.
3. How we collect and hold personal information.
Generally, we collect personal information directly from you, when you contact or deal with us. We also collect personal information from third parties, for example finance or insurance companies providing related services to you.
We protect this information in a number of ways. It is kept in secure locations, and access to it is restricted to those who have the appropriate authorization under our policies. Where we share the information with third parties we ensure they also have appropriate policies and security in place. When the information is no longer required, it is de-identified, deleted, or securely destroyed.
4. How we use and disclose personal information.
We collect and use your personal information for a number of reasons, including:
- To enable us to properly respond to your request about purchasing a vehicle, parts, service or repair, finance or insurance.
- To provide you with information about products or offers.
- To enable us to arrange for you things like vehicle registration, finance or insurance.
- To contact you in the event of a vehicle recall or program or any warranty matters.
- To maintain records for accounting, administrative and legal requirements.
- To provide your details to the vehicle manufacturer for warranty purposes or to conduct customer satisfaction surveys.
- For other purposes related to your dealings with us.
5. How you may access your personal information.
You may access your personal information by contacting us. You can contact the City Mazda staff member you usually deal with, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make this request. We will then arrange with you a convenient time and means for you to have access.
If at any time you believe that any personal information of yours that we hold is incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com and advise us of the correct information, and we will amend our records.
6. How you may make a privacy complaint.
If you have a complaint about the way we hold or use your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, stating your concern, and how you would like your complaint resolved. We will investigate your complaint and respond to you with our findings and our proposed action, within 30 days. In the event you are dissatisfied with the outcome of the complaint of the investigation, you may refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
7. Transfer of personal information overseas.
City Mazda may disclose personal information (including credit information) to overseas recipients in order to provide their products and/ or services and for administrative or other management purposes.
Our business is affiliated with other businesses located overseas, such as vehicle manufacturers and original equipment manufacturers. In the course of doing business with you, we are likely to disclose some of your personal information to overseas recipients. However, we will only do so where:
- it is necessary to complete the transaction you have entered into; and
- you have provided consent; or
- we believe on reasonable grounds that the overseas recipient is required to deal with your personal information by enforceable laws which are similar to the requirements under the APPs; or
- it is otherwise permitted by law.
While it is not practicable to list every country in which such recipients may be located, recipients of such disclosures is likely to include countries where the parent company of our franchises exist, such as Japan and Germany.
8. Changes to our policy
Our Contact details are:
Address: 14-28 Montague Street, South Melbourne, VIC 3205
Phone: (03) 9329 2000
9. Links to Other Sites
This site contains links to other Websites. We are not responsible for the Privacy Policies of other sites.
City Mazda has made every effort to maintain the accuracy of the information on this site. Copyright of the material on this site is owned by City Mazda.
Every effort has been made to ensure that the information on this site is correct and up to date, however, City Mazda does not provide any warranty as to the completeness or accuracy of the information and, subject to applicable laws, does not accept any liability for damages of any kind resulting from the access or use of this site and its contents.
Mazda Australia reserves the right to discontinue or change any of the models, prices, colours, materials, equipment or other specifications referred to on this site at any time without notice. Some of the equipment shown or referred to in this site may only be available as an option at extra cost. Always consult City Mazda for the latest information about a Mazda product, and its availability, before placing an order. All prices specified on this site are in Australian dollars.
All information on this site is protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights. No images, text or other content from this site may be distributed or reproduced without prior written approval from City Mazda.